Things to do every work day
THINGS TO DO EVERY WORKDAY
There are thousand things we want to do every day, there are so many dreams we desire to visualize on a daily basis, but don’t we realize that thinking excessive in pieces and scattered doesn’t help us get where we want to be.
I found this useful article by J.T. O’Donnell, CEO of Careerealism Media, she offers a refreshing approach to the “how do I get it all done” problem.
The answer is : Limit your daily to-do list to 10 things, and don’t beat yourself up if you don’t get them all done.
O’Donnell’s list comprises a balance of job tasks, social chores, and developmental goals:
This is just an illustrated to-do list (yours must be more interesting)
1. Read something related to my industry.
2. Read something related to business development.
3. Send two emails to touch base with old colleagues.
4. Empty my private client inbox by responding to all career coaching questions within one business day.
5. Check in with each team member on their progress.
6. Have a short nonwork-related conversation with every employee.
7. Review my top three goals for my company that are focused on its growth.
8. Identify and execute one task to support each of my top three goals.
9. Post five valuable pieces of content on all of my major social media accounts.
10. Take a full minute to appreciate what I have and how far I’ve come.
“Yes, there are days when I don’t get them all done,” she admits, “but I do my best to deliver…This list could be longer. But if it was longer, I wouldn’t be as good at getting them all done.”
Of course, O’Donnell adds, she does more every day than these 10 tasks, but over time “they’ve proven the best way for me to grow my career and my business. The collective results have made completing these tasks consistently, even when I don’t feel like it, well worth it.”
Well, people. Let’s start going basic; To do list. Though it sounds like junior time but it sure works.
One step at the time. FOCUS ON 10 EACH DAY.
View on Path